NEW HERE? READ ME FIRST

My family started this "No-Sugar-No-Flour" (NSNF) challenge in August 2009. I posted a lot of background and "how to start" info in those first few posts. To better understand WHAT we are doing and HOW we are doing it, please take a few minutes and go back to the ARCHIVES and read the first four posts beginning August 2009.

We started strong in '09, had great success, but got too confident and quit too soon. Valuable lesson learned. We've "started back" twice since then and also had success, but were not as dedicated as needed. So here we are in summer of 2012 and we are starting again. We've had our ups and downs but we have not given up. We are going to put our story out there to help make us more accountable and hope you support us.

My 2 teen girls will be blogging as well so my only rule is you have to BE NICE! If you can't say something nice, GO AWAY. We hope to inspire someone but this is our journey. You are welcome to join us and support us but it's hard enough without having naysayers. Love us or leave us... there's no in between.

We welcome your prayers for success!!
Jennifer

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday, June 3 - Pancakes - DELISH!!

Jennifer here....

For summer being so slow and lazy, how do I get behind on posting??

It's Sunday morning and we just tried a recipe that was soooo good that I had to go ahead and share now.  Kids LOVED it too!!  I'm so thankful for the people who experiment with recipes and share them so I can find great ideas that work for us


NSNF Pancakes!!
2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 packet Stevia (we use Stevia drops, not powder, so I used 2 drops, BUT I did a batch and skipped the sweetener all together and it was great too.  I will skip from now on.)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
** I added blueberries as well though recipe did not call for it.  I bet you could add bananas too!  I did one batch with blueberries dropped onto the cooking pancakes and one batch with blueberries added to the bullet so they were blended into the mix.  Batter was purple-ish.  Your choice.

In your blender or bullet, blend all above ingredients until smooth (or you can choose to sprinkle cinnamon on the pancakes as they bake).  Let sit 2 minutes for bubbles to fade.  Pour onto pan sprayed with cooking spray, 2 min on one side, 1 min on other.

Serve with sugar free syrup.
Looked like a regular pancake

TASTED like a real pancake too!

I cannot believe how good these were!!!  THEY TASTED JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!!!  All 4 of my kids AND Tom loved these!!

Here's the link to the original recipe:  http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html




For dinner tonite, I am making the crock-pot chicken tacos but not using flour tortillas; I'm using corn taco shells instead.  Will let you know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please add your name so we know who is commenting.